Welcome


Hello and welcome to my blog. I was inspired to do this by Timm Breyel's excellent SOUTH EAST ASIA DXING site (http://shortwavedxer.blogspot.my) and mine will be a little similar.

Sharing information as a DXer is important and I have found a lot of Timm's QSL information very useful. I am hoping I may be able to help others with some of my QSL info.
What about me then?
Go here to see my story.

My main area of DXing interest is in Longwave/ Mediumwave, but I have been collecting countries on Shortwave as well. I now have 627 verifications from 115 countries on Shortwave and 780 verifications from 73 countries on Long and Mediumwave. I have DXed in New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, Jordan, Dubai, Vietnam and Malaysia.

I own an AOR 7030+, which I bought in the late 90s. I had it upgraded to the Plus. My primary receiver now is a WinRadio WR-G33DDC SDR (software defined radio). My antenna is a 4 metre EWE, shaped like a metal staple - 2 x 4m verticals and a 12m horizontal - all one piece of wire.

I have belonged to the NZ Radio DX League as a member since June 1974. I had a brief spell of about 5 years out in the mid 90s when I lived in the UK and belonged to the British DX Club. However, I rejoined and am now the Chief Editor of the NZ DX Times, the club's monthly publication. For information on the DX League, go here.

I would finally pay tribute to my wife, Maureen. DXing is a very selfish hobby in many ways and my wife Maureen is very encouraging of my participation in it. She puts up with a lot when I witter on about hearing this or that, or get excited by receiving a random postcard in the mail.

Friday 12 January 2018

A new Shortwave verie

Al Kirton has been kind enough to verify my report - sent as a sound file, of 4KZ operating on 5055 kHz with 500 watts from Innisfail in Queensland. It was heard just before Christmas. I have also been fortunate enough to verify the medium wave outlet.

I logged this while in New Zealand. As yet I have not heard it in Malaysia, but it has been heard here, apparently.


No comments :

Post a Comment